Shravanabelagola/Sravanabelagola is one of the most important Jain tirth (a sacred place) of the Jains in South India. It is a place of great importance from the point of pilgrimage and also archeological and religious heritage. The place derives its name from the point that Shravana or Shramana means a Jain ascetic and Belagola or Biliya Kola means white pond. Shravanabelagola is well-known for its senic beauty as well as for its religious sanctity. The two hills, the tank between, and the entire surroundings of Shravanabelagola are…
Mahamasthakabhisheka, the head anointing ceremony is performed once in 12 years to the 57 feet high monolithic statue of Lord Bahubali at Shravanabelagola. The event is being be held under the holy presence of Acharya 108 Sri Vardhamansagarji Maharaj, guidance of His Holiness SwastiSri Charukeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Shravanabelagola & under the dynamic leadship and support of Sri Siddaramaiahji, Chief Minister of Karnataka from 17th-25th February 2018.
MMC Expo - 2018
- An international religious, educational, socio, industrial, trade and B2B exhibition will be organised at Shravanabelagola.
- Spread over an area of 20 acres.
- Organised by Hassan District Administration, Govt. of Karnataka in association with Mahamastakabhisheka Exhibition Committee.
- To be held from 15th to 28th February 2018.
- To the south eastern corner of Vindyagiri Hill near H D Devegowda Circle.
- Entry to exhibition is FREE.
Mahamasthakabhisheka Exhibition Committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of Smt. Rohini Sindhuri, I.A.S., Deputy Commissioner, Hassan District, Karnataka; Sri V.S.Hegde, Joint Director of DIC as member secretary; Sri Suresh Kumar Jain, Industrialist from Mysuru as Coordinator of the sub-committee.
Stalls & Pavilions
Stalls & Pavilions of varying dimensions will be put up during the exhibition.
Applications are invited from individuals and organisations for having stalls/pavilions in MMC EXPO-2018.